Thursday, September 1, 2011

Stubborn Polish Removal Made Easy!

Hi!

I don't know about you, but I adore glitter nail polish. It's so sparkly and shiny, I can never seem to resist it! But it can also be a total pain in the butt to remove. I first learned about the foil method of nail polish removal here. You basically soak a cotton ball  in remover, put it on your nail, wrap your nail and cotton ball with foil, wait a few minutes, remove, and repeat. It works pretty well, but I wasn't in love with the idea of having to wrap my fingers in foil. Call me weird.
Then I remembered something my aunt gave to me years ago: a little plastic jar with a sponge in it. It was filled with nail polish remover and the sponge had a hole to put your finger in. So you stick your finger in the hole, twist it around a few times in the sponge, and voila! Nail polish gone! It had been years since I first used this, so I wasn't sure if it still existed. But it does!



I thought I'd give it a try at removing a dense glitter polish (Milani Blue Flash)...and it worked! I had to keep my finger in the jar a little longer than with a regular polish, and twist my finger around a little more, but it was worth it. Other than one or two stray glitter particles, all glitter was removed and I observed no scratching of my nail bed.  I used the one pictured, but other brands make a similar product. Being that I've never used another brand of this though, I can't say whether or not the other ones work as well.
The one that I own has 3 holes in the sponge, so you can remove polish from 3 nails at a time. It cost me less than 6 dollars, including shipping, on Amazon.com, but I'm sure it can be found at a local drugstore.
If you're the do-it-yourself type, I found a cool video here that shows you how to make one yourself.
This nifty product makes it possible for me to wear my glitter nail polishes without fear of removal.
Awesome!

-SmokE

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! It really
makes my day to read all that you have to say. I read all
comments, and will do my best to answer any questions :)