Monday, September 5, 2011

Jamaican Flag Nails

Happy Labor Day!

First of all, I want to thank my followers! I never thought I'd have even one when I first started this thing, so thanks you guys for motivating me to keep working at making my little blog better :)
I'm super happy today because I unexpectedly got the day off from work! In NYC, the annual West Indian Day parade is held every labor day. Even though I didn't go, I thought I could still represent my West Indian heritage at home:


Jamaican Flag Nails

Materials Used:
Seche Rose
Sally Hansen Insta Dri in Lightning
L.A. Colors Art Deco Nail Art Lacquer in Bright Green and Black (for flag)
China Glaze Paper Chasing (index finger)
Wet n Wild Fast Dry in Ebony Hates Chris (pinkie)

Black represents hardships and the strength of the people to overcome them
Yellow represents the golden sunshine
Green represents the land of Jamaica!


Yah Mon!

-SmokE

8 comments: