Saturday, June 25, 2011

Graduation Nails

Hello!

This weeks nail design features a starry french tip design  from Konad image plate m44. These nails were done to match the outfit I wore to my brothers 5th grade graduation. Congrats little bro!

Materials:
Base Color: Seche Rose
Tip Color: Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Nail Color in Lacey Lilac (Stamped with Konad image plate m19)
Stamping: Star tip design from Konad image plate m44 stamped in white Konad Special Polish
Konad image plate m3 and Konad Special Polish in white for stars on thumb and ring finger
Top Coat: Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat


I used to think french manicures were boring, but Konad brings new life to what would be an otherwise dull manicure. If you like french manicures, do yourself a favor and buy image plate m19. It makes stamping tips so much easier. My nails are longer than  the length of the french tip images on m19, so I had to double stamp to cover the entire tip. I noticed that it left a dark line where the two stamps overlapped. But since I was stamping over it with the stars, it didn't matter.
Seche rose is awesome! After a bit of trial and error, it seems I have finally found the perfect base color for my french manicures. Sally Hansen Nailgrowth Miracle in Bold Buff is a good one too, and i used that for my pedicure, which was done to match my mani. I'll snap a picture tomorrow if I remember.
Out of both Bundle Monster image plate sets, and the MASH set, I think the MASH set has the better sized french tip images. The image fit across my entire big toe no problem! Another plus? A couple of the plates are exact dupes for actual Konad plates, including the one I used for this mani. The french tip designs in the 2nd set of Bundle Monster plates were a little smaller, but a definite improvement from the first set of Bundle Monster french tip designs. Those were tiny...still haven't tried them out of fear that they would be a total disaster. I suck at double stamping.

More Later,

SmokE

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! It really
makes my day to read all that you have to say. I read all
comments, and will do my best to answer any questions :)