Thursday, June 9, 2011

Lisa Frank Inspired Leopard Nails

Happy Thursday!

As I mentioned in my last post, Thursday is nail day. This Thursday brings a fun, Lisa Frank inspired manicure. While surfing the web for nail art inspiration, I came across a video tutorial on You Tube by sayanythingbr00ke for Rainbow Leopard Nails. It does indeed remind me of a Lisa Frank trapper keeper I had in junior high school, similar to the picture below:

This manicure is colorful, fun, funky, and perfect for summer! I will warn you that this manicure is potentially time consuming, especially depending on the types of nail polishes you choose to use and their drying time. But its well worth the effort in the end.


Items Used:
Base Coat: Sally Hansen Double Duty Strengthening Base & Top Coat
Green Color: China Glaze  'Paper Chasing'
Purple Color: China Glaze 'Harmony'
Blue Color:China Glaze 'Sky-High Top'
Pink Color: Sinful Colors 'Cream Pink'
China Glaze 'Fairy Dust'
Seche Vite Top Coat
Konad Image Plate m57 Stamped with Konad Special Polish in Black
Top Coat: Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Anti-Chip Top Coat


After striping with alternating colors, I topped off with China Glaze 'Fairy Dust' for added shimmer. I'm holding the bottle in the picture because its my favorite glitter polish so far. The glitter is fine, and not difficult to remove, in comparison to other glitter polishes I've used. Make sure polish is completely dry before stamping. I fudged about 2 nails and had to re-do them because I stamped too soon. The polish took a little longer to dry than I'm used to, even with the Seche Vite. I thought it might be because some of the layers of color overlapped, leaving the polish a little thicker in spots than others. But then I thought that it could be the 95 degree heat messing with the polish. Either way, it took me about 2 hours to finish this manicure. But to me, it was worth the effort. I cant stop looking at my hands!
What do you think?

-SmokE

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! It really
makes my day to read all that you have to say. I read all
comments, and will do my best to answer any questions :)