Thursday, June 2, 2011

Opi Black Shatter with Milani Blue Flash

Hey there!

For the past few weeks, my brand new bottle of OPI Black Shatter polish has been sitting untouched. I'm a bit of a Konad junkie, and have been going Konad crazy since April. So I thought it was about time to try something new:

    OPI Black Shatter over Milani Blue Flash  (Natural Light)

          (Artificial Light)
                                                                                                                                                                         
I LOVE this look! It screams edgy, and looks incredibly unique. I think the brighter the polish under the black shatter, the better. And from this trial, it would probably look awesome over anything glittery. I am dreading removal though. Blue Flash is a pretty dense glitter polish. Will definitely be needing foil :(
Black Shatter dried pretty quickly, with a matte finish. I didn't like the matte look, so i used Sally Hansen Insta- Dri Anti Chip Top Coat over it.
Milani Blue Flash is supposed to be a one coat glitter polish, but I had to use 2 coats for full and even coverage. It dried pretty quickly also, and had a rough grainy finish. Not surprising, considering how dense the glitter is. A coat of Seche Vite Top Coat smoothed it out some, providing a smoother surface for the shatter polish to do it's work. Polish used under shatter polish MUST be completely dry for best results, so I always use a coat of Seche Vite just to make sure.

Hopefully I can wear this Mani for at least 5 days, or until my new Bundle Monster plates arrive...whatever comes first :)


Toodles,
 SmokE

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! It really
makes my day to read all that you have to say. I read all
comments, and will do my best to answer any questions :)