Saturday, October 15, 2011

Vampire and Bats Nail Art

Hey everyone,

I'm back home after a nights stay in the emergency room of the worlds worst hospital. I'm so happy that I'm a nurse and have medical knowledge, because doctors will take advantage of your ignorance and turn you into a pin cushion unnecessarily. I realize now that private hospitals are out to do one thing: make money. They'll come up with reasons to perform all sorts of unnecessary tests, just so they can tack on another hundred dollars to your bill. It's so sad to say, but healthcare is nothing but a profit driven business. They don't care about people...they care about the money going into their pockets.
The one highlight of my night? A couple of the staff members noticed my nails :). I always love it when people compliment me on them. One person even asked if they were my real nails! I figured that would be pretty obvious, considering that they're so short now.


Natural Light
Artificial Light (with flash)
Natural Light

Artificial Light (with flash)

Artificial Light (without flash)
All the pictures taken in artificial lighting were taken today, just a few moments ago. The ones taken in natural light were from yesterday, when the mani was still fresh. After the fact, I realized that I forgot to give my poor little vampire a nose! I tried drawing one in with a sharpie last night, but as you can see, it didn't last (since I didn't use a topcoat)
Drawing that little vampire was no quick task. By the time I was done with him, I made up my mind that one was enough. So on my right hand, I did the bats on every finger. I like it though :). It looks interesting with the single accent nail.
I used Bundle Monster image plate BM-213 and Konad Special Polish in black to stamp the bats, over Wet n Wild Writings On The Wall. For the vampire, I used China Glaze Frosty as my base (for the glistening 'Twilight' vampire effect), Wet n Wild Vandalize for the black parts, Sally Hansen Whirlwind White for the whites of his eyes and his teeth, and Writings on the Wall again for the drops of blood on his teeth.
It's times like these when I miss my longer nails. It's nice having a larger canvas to work on, but I think he looks pretty cute on the short nail anyway. What do you folks think?

Thanks for stopping by!

7 comments:

  1. Sorry you had a rough night, but your nails are VERY awesome! I love them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you on hospitals and healthcare is such a shame that we can't trust the people who are suppose to help us, very cute mani the vampire is so
    Adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ohmigosh these are so great!!! The dripping blood is such a nice touch :) My friend works at the lab in a hospital and they have really strict rules about nail polish/EVERYTHING -- I've gotten him to put on a coat a couple of times but it always has to come off before he goes to work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the comments everyone! I'm STILL wearing them too, and there's only a bit of tipwear. Orly Bonder basecoat is fantastic!
    @Nail Nerd: I'm so glad my job isn't strict about nail polish. That would be a major bummer :(

    ReplyDelete